Thursday, March 22, 2012

1 week with my new boobs

Today has been one week since I had those pesky expanders removed and the gummy bears put in. I thought all would be perfect a week later, not so much. I still love the new "girls" however, I am so sore, bruised, tired, and the pressure in  my chest is unreal. I had my one week post op appt yesterday, Dr. Saunders is out of town so I had to see one of his associates, lets just say I am glad I have Dr. Saunders. The doc came in looked at my chest and said everything is healing nicely. He moved the implant on the right side closer to the middle to give me "nice cleavage". After the expanders were completely filled the gap I had between my boobs was bad, I could literally fit a water bottle in between them. So, since he moved the right side over I am very bruised on that side. These implants are so much nicer than the expanders. I do feel as though there is an elephant standing on the middle of my chest. They told me that the pressure and tightness will last about two weeks, that I needed to remember someone was in there moving things around and placing two foregin objects into my body.

I asked the fill in doc yesterday if I could see exactly what was in my chest, she got one of the implants for me to hold. Holy crap! It was a large, heavy, squishy round blob. She said the "show" implant was only 600cc's so the one in  my chest was 100cc's bigger. No wonder it hurts. I am in no way against people who decide to have implants placed but I do think they are a little on the crazy side. There is no way I would voluntarily put myself through this. As with everything else I have been through this year I am just going to take it one day at a time and heal from this surgery.

Anyway, I still have my stitches in, they can not come out until Monday. Just the thought of those things holding my skin together make me a little queasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment