Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Wilmington, DE | Making Strides

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Wilmington, DE Making Strides

12 more days until we walk to end breast cancer. There is still time to donate to or join our team. Every penny donated helps to save the lives of other mothers, daughters, sisters, etc. Thanks to the research that is done with all the donated money the drug Herceptin was found and approved not to long ago. This is the "miracle" drug that made my tumor disappear. I was told by both my oncologist and my surgeon that before Herceptin was found I would not of had a very good prognosis. My cancer was considered aggressive but thanks to all the donations and support for breast cancer the drug was found and now I have one of the best cancers. Herceptin goes in your body and looks for the cancer cell and actually destroys it. I am grateful for organizations like these and for the people that donate or walk to help us stop this disease from taking anymore people.

No comments:

Post a Comment