Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Poems


Poem #1
"My Story"
I was given a second chance, so my story could be told
I was diagnosed with cancer, at 31 years old.
When I went through chemo I lost all my hair
it was what I had to do, so I didn't care.
Two beautiful angels were my inspiration
when I'd feel like I couldn't do it, they were my motivation.
I kicked and I fought for 8 months long
now it's been 2 years since the cancers been gone.
I've been through hell and back, many tears have been shed
but now I am smiling and the hair is back on my head.
I will watch my kids as they grow and become adults
I will tell them stories they can't remember of the battles mommy fought.
I will watch my daughter get married and my son go to prom
I will be there when they need a hand, help guide them along.
I will tell them I love every single day
because cancer came so close to taking that away.
I treat each day as if it is my last and look to the future
but don't forget my past.
I have the scars to remind me, what could have been
had I not fought so hard, had I not gotten the win.
Now my eyes are wide open, all smiles for me
because I beat cancer and that is my story.

Poem #2
"I Wish I Could Run"
As I sit in his office,
alone, cold, and numb
I hear what he is saying,
but I wish I could run.
He says there's a beast growing deep inside my chest
he says he can save me or at least try his best,
I understand what must be done,
but why is this happening, I am only 31.
I stare out the window no feelings at all
my life flashes by, the room becomes small
I think of my family, my babies, my friends
all the things I did wrong, I need now to make a mends.
He says we'll fight this battle, he says it can be done
I hear the words he's saying, I wish that I could run.
I sit in a chair, poison going in my vein
I watch the bag empty, I try to hide my pain.
I look at the people sitting just like me
all walks of life, all ages I see.
The faces are pale, they look frightened and weak
Cancer doesn't care that you now feel like a freak.
Days now spent sick, bald, and sad
I look in the mirror, now I feel mad.
My babies don't understand, my husband stays strong
I search for the answer of what I did wrong.
One year later he tells me I won
I heard what he was saying and I am glad I didn't run.

Poem #3
"A Love So Simple"
A love so simple, a love so pure
from the moment I met you, I knew I needed more.
I love the way you smile, the way you look at me
I love your little voice, and the innocence you see.
I love your blond hair, and those big blue eyes
I love that no matter  what, we will always have ties.
I love you both the same in every single way
I love the way we cuddle at the end of every day.
I love my babies, Gabrielle and Cole
a love that comes from deep within my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment