Sunday, May 15, 2011

American Cancer Society

The American Society is having 2 events that are close to my heart and that I will be participating in. One is the Relay for Life event being held on June 3 at Elkton High School. We have created a small team, Amy's Army, that will be participating in the festivities, if anyone would like to join our team or donate to the American Cancer Society please visit, http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11SA/156421503?pg=team&fr_id=33338&team_id=964932. Any donations or members are appreciated.

The big one. On October 23, 2011 we will also be walking in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Wilmington. This walk means a lot to me and will hold a special meaning. By the time this walk comes around I will have completed all chemotherapy treatments, went through surgery, and be done with radiation. This walk will symbolize the end of this journey and the taking back of my life. In this walk when I cross the finish line, I will be able to cross and say that I am a survivor. We have created a team as well to walk in this event, Amy's Army, if you would like to join this team or donate towards ending breast cancer please visit http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?team_id=964145&pg=team&fr_id=36193, and join us in helping women celebrate more birthdays.

Thank you to all that participate, donate, or even just read the information. Every penny a person donates, every little piece of knowledge a person gets will help to finally end this disease and never make another woman suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment