Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nothing to do with cancer

Before all this began I worked full time, Mon-Fri 8:00 to 4:30 at the cancer center and my husband worked 2nd shift, 3:30 to 12:00am. We never saw each other except for on the weekends, he took the 2nd shift position so we would not have to put our babies in daycare. I would always come home from work and complain because the dishes were not done, the toys were all over the living room, and just bitch about how easy he has it during the day and how stay at home moms have the life. They get to get up whenever, do as they please all do and how dare they complain about how tough their day was. Well, I could not have been more wrong! I love my kiddies with every single piece of everything I have but they are a full time job! On the days that I start feeling better I try and get the house cleaned and the laundry caught up, impossible with a 3 and 4 year old. Just as I get one room clear of toys, floor swept and fingerprints cleaned off of windows they turn around and mess it back up again, it is a never ending cycle. Just a few days ago I gathered all the laundry went down to the basement put the clothes in the washer and came back upstairs to find them standing on either ends of the couch pecking, like chickens, at a huge mound of cocoa pebbles that they dumped all over the couch. Now, for some reason Ryan and I thought it was a good idea to by cream colored couches with little kids. I now had cream and chocolate couches. I looked at them and just said "it would be best if the two of you went into rooms and did not come back out" Gabby asked "for how long" I responded with "probably all day". Well missy put her hands on her hips and replied with "you are going to a birthday party at noon so I know its not all day" gotta love 4 year old girls.

Anyone who knows me knows that when it comes to cooking, I am not the best by any means. Yesterday, the kids wanted bagel bites for lunch, bagel bites, no problem. Put them in the oven, 15 mins later I served them to the kids. Gabby said "mommy you should probably just stick to getting better and let daddy cook" umm thanks Gabs. Kids really do say anything and they don't care. Ryan came home one day last week and asked Cole how is day was and he said "umm you know, mommy cried, blah blah blah" so glad I am not annoying them yet. I absolutely have a new respect for moms that stay home, it is a hard job.

I used to be so excited for October because it meant that all cancer treatment will be behind me and I will start my second chance but now I am looking forward to also going back to work! I love you Gabby and Cole but you are tiring! Oh, and if I am asked "why" or if I hear "I can't my knees hurt", "I am too tired to put my toys away" "I don't wanna" or "no" one more time I may take a vacation to the nearest nut hut.

No comments:

Post a Comment