Friday, April 1, 2011

March 24, 2011, this is the day my world was flipped upside down. Cancer, how can that be? I am 31 years old, healthy, I don't smoke, I don't drink. I have a 3 and 4 year old, this is not real. The moment the doctor said that 6 letter word it was like a dream, I could hear him talking but I had no clue what he was saying. To say I saw my life flash before my eyes was an understatement, I was numb. I wanted to get up and run out of the office, I wanted to yell at him for saying those words, all I could ask was "am I going to die? I don't want to die, I have small kids". As, the past week has moved by I have been able to stop and answer the one question that has been on my mind constantly, "why me". Me, because I am strong, I am confident, I am a fighter, I am stubborn, I don't play by anyone else's rules, and most importantly I am a survivor. I have always wondered what my purpose in life was, I now have my answer, to beat cancer and then become the biggest advocate and supporter for those who are fighting. I will become the strength for other young moms, wives, and daughters who are told the terrifying news that they too have breast cancer. I am about to embark on the most scariest, hardest, life changing journey ever but, in the end I will have one hell of a story to tell my grandkids.

6 comments:

  1. You Go Girl! Even if we do not see or talk to you daily, I want you to know that you are loved by us and you will be in our thoughts and prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch some Tosh.0 and remember that laughing at other people, errr I mean laughter, is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the Amy I know....The Fighter .. You go girl.. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait, 10,20,30...years from now you'll be lookin back on this and sayin," WOW I was really strong and confident, and I fought,and I beat it."
    You can do it, your a fighter !!!!! luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last part, a hell of a story to tell your grandchildren. Keep that in mind. If you truly believe it, it will come true. "All we are is a result of what we have thought." The power of positivity is an amazing healer :)

    -Shannon Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you. Keep up the fight. We'll make it through this together, I promise.

    I love you.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete